Sunday, August 17, 2008

Let's Hear it for the Boy!

At 7:05 this morning my very first nephew was born.  Which means at this moment he is three hours old.  I think his name is Max but that is still not for sure.  I have been up for over 24 hours and I will not let my head hit the pillow until this post is published.  So to all you family out there, you owe me big time. 

My sister Evelynne is one amazing woman. 

IMG_0791

She delivered her baby all nat-u-ral in her home with a midwife. 

IMG_0795

She did it 2 1/2 years ago and not only was I there, I actually caught my niece. It was pretty incredible.  This time was just as amazing.  It all started yesterday morning/afternoon.  The contractions were regular and since this was Ev's fifth baby we all thought it would go quickly....but it didn't.  It was a very long night.  You can only watch so many Olympic highlights, by 2am you've seen them all...trust me.  We sent all the kids to my house with Aric and Andy so Ev could have some peace. 

Watching my only sister go through the pain of labor and delivery was not easy.  I make Aric take the girls too get  their shots because I am such a wimp.  As I prayed for her, I couldn't help but pray for myself too.  Although very difficult at some moments, it was so worth it to be able to watch the miracle of birth happen right before my eyes. 

So here are a few pictures of the miracle I was privileged to witness...

Meeting Mommy

IMG_0802IMG_0816

IMG_0814

Meeting Tia Jessy, the best Tia in the WORLD!

IMG_0826

Welcome to the world my sweet little nephew!  You have been blessed with good parents who planned for you,  four sisters who adore you and a loving extended family who has been anxiously waiting your arrival.  Happy Birthday precious boy!

IMG_0843

9 comments:

Melissa-Mc said...

Good job Evelynne! Welcome to the world little boy.

The Hansen Clan said...

CONGRATULATIONS! He is so darling and is going to be loved to pieces by all the girls in his life. We can't wait to meet you sweet baby!

Jessica said...

I think those are FABULOUS pictures. How so fun to have a boy!

Lauren in GA said...

Amazing! Truly amazing!

That last picture made me cry. It captures how miraculous a new baby is.

Ilene said...

Yay for boys! He looks so sweet!

I don't know how you or your sister survived birthing at home. I need lots of nurses and medication on hand and then I keep my eyes closed the entire time.

Monica Kay said...

oh goodness he is too precious!! i can't wait to meet him!!

day in the life of a prince said...

Amazing that she gives birth at home!! He looks adorable!!

Erin said...

How beautiful! Birth is such an amazing process and experience...how amazing for your sister that you were there to support her through it and to see her son enter this world.

Anonymous said...

I just love birth stories. Especially home birth stories. What a precious baby! What a lucky baby to have such a great tia:)! Get some sleep!