Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Silverwood

It is our tradition to say goodbye to summer by going to Silverwood the last week of August. Grandma K was willing to take Little C for us so we had quality time with just the girls.
I took this picture just before we took our first ride of the day.
IMG_5330
IMG_5331
These pictures were taken right after. We got soaked but it felt good. 
IMG_5332 IMG_5334

We all went on this ride , but the girls wanted to go again so I stayed behind and to take a picture.
IMG_5348

 Eden wanted to go on this "baby ride" and Maya kindly accompanied her. She said it was soooo boring. They pretended to fall asleep.
IMG_5351 IMG_5352
Maya prefers the more adventurous rides. Which I don't understand. These two get car sick after driving around for five minutes!
IMG_5336

Last year the girls wanted to go on this ride but they couldn't ride by themselves so I, the braver parent, took them and got terribly sick. You'd think I would have learned my lesson...but no.
IMG_5343 
Do you see my face?! Next year Ede's will be tall enough to go by herself...thank heavens!
IMG_5344
It took me awhile to recover from that spinning apple ride. Luckily I was able to enjoy the biggest ice cream ever...seriously, I don't think I have ever eaten that much ice cream in one setting.
IMG_5350

Now I don't have a picture of the following story but it is the most memorable thing so it has to be shared...
We had been at the park about four-ish hours and we were looking for the ice cream parlor when Maya started asking about the roller coasters. I explained that it was getting late and both mom and dad don't do roller coasters. She pleaded and kept saying..."just one mom...PLEASE!" So we walked around and found the least scary one, but by then it was dark and I really couldn't tell how scary it was. (It was called TREMORS)  Eden wanted to go too. They said they had gone on it before with my mom and Joe. We got in line and waited for like 20 minutes. While waiting I noticed that there were quite a few little kids in line. I decided it couldn't be that bad...
I      WAS     WRONG!
I have never felt so sick in my life. I kept my eyes closed the whole time and I was so freaked out I couldn't even scream! Thank goodness I went to the bathroom before or else I am quite certain I would have wet myself. It lasted a good three minutes. In my mind I was yelling...
"I HATE THIS!"
"WHY AM I HERE!"
"THIS HAS TO END ANY SECOND!"
Well it did eventually end. I was officially sick and kept my eyes closed the entire 30 min drive home. Maya kept saying, "I am so sorry mom. I won't ever make you go on a roller coaster again." I assured her I would be fine and that I will stick to the baby rides. And now I will happily and deservedly accept my "Mother of the Year" award.

14 comments:

Lindsey said...

in our family, which has been dubbed the "roller coaster family" you would be tried for heresy for NOT going on Tremors!!! But, I am glad you are still alive. . . wus. :)




I still love you tremendously though!

Anonymous said...

The girls 'sleeping' on the ride made me laugh out loud. Your kids are not lacking in the personality department:).

I'll have more compassion than Lindsey and say that i am truly sorry that you got sick. (just kidding lindsey:)!).

Looks like a super fun day. The very thought of doing anything outside makes me sweat. Gotta love the southwest! (really you do have to love it. you should move here.)

Jenny Erazo said...

what a fun tradition! You guys crack me up:-)

Jenny Erazo said...

what a fun tradition! You guys crack me up:-)

just the five of us said...

I used to love roller coasters, now they make me motion sick! Last year, Calla was bored to death at Knots Berry Farm, because they have THE best roller coasters, and Mike was sick that day, so Tiff had to go on them with her.

Leah said...

My favorite rides at Silverwood are Avalanche Mountain, that circle raft river ride one, and most of all...the benches by each ride!!!! I love those benches.

Melissa-Mc said...

Looks fun, except for the getting sick part. I get very sick on rides that spin. If I rode on the teacups, I would be out of commission for days.

Jason Alisynn and kids said...

Aric, I LOVE the shirt!! Sounds like a fun day. We miss you all!

calibosmom said...

I love your face in the second apple (barf) ride picture. Well, I guess we differ on this one too. I LOVE the big scary rides. I do get a bit woosey on the spinning rides but LOVE LOVE LOVE the roller coasters. It looks like you guys had fun though. Oh, and I'm diggin' Aric's shirt.

Lauren in GA said...

Yeah, that barf suppression picture is pretty hilarious...sorry, I'm not laughing at you...

Well...I kinda am...

You are Mother of the Year, for sure, baby!

Great pictures. You totally captured that log ride...I always get the back part of the log and no kids...

♥Shally said...

I went on a spinny ride at the carnival and my face was like yours- except way uglier. :)

It stinks getting old- that stuff never used to bother me!

Jean McKendrick said...

Roller coasters make you sick!? Bummer! I love a good roller coaster! Cute pictures of you all!

Ilene said...

You are hilarious. And quite sexy wringing out your skirt...

I don't do roller coasters at all. You are a better mom than I.

Becky said...

Wow Jess, how did I not know this about you? Just when you think you know someone... you find out they can't stand roller coasters!