Monday, December 8, 2008

HOME

After nine LONG days and fifteen hours of travel (one way), we were finally home. Amy picked us up at 11:30pm and my sister was anxiously waiting at my house. The tears overfloweth as she finally met Camden.
 (Her shirt is a little off season because the one she had been wearing had Max drool all over it, so she wanted a nice clean shirt to wear when she got to hold Camden. Clearly she didn't look in the right drawer or she would have found a better shirt...)
IMG_2129

A few of my fabulous friends stopped by at 1:30am to welcome me home and meet Camden.

redrobin
These wonderful women also, watched my children, carpooled my children, cleaned my house....the WHOLE house, gathered and organized oodles of baby clothes (thanks Lindsay W), did my laundry, planned a baby shower and planned meals for me for a week! All while I was gone! I start to cry every time I think about what they have done for me. I truly have the greatest friends ever!
By the time everything calmed down and we finally went to bed it was 2:30am west coast time. First thing in the morning Maya came running into our bedroom. I had my camera on my night stand so that I could capture the girls meeting  their baby brother for the first time...well...they didn't turn out as cute as these, so these are the ones I'm posting...
IMG_2135 
IMG_2137
Maya and Eden absolutely ADORE their little brother. They can't get enough of him. Camden had fallen asleep before church, and Maya and Eden just sat next to him and stared. When I called them upstairs so I could fix their hair, I heard Maya say "Eden you stay here and watch him while I get my hair done, then I come back down and you can go up." 
Eden has taken to him like nothing I had expected. I knew she would love him but she can't be away from him for a second. We decorated the house for Christmas last night, something the girls had been excited about for weeks. We usually do it Thanksgiving night but obviously that didn't happen this year.
Well Eden just sat on the couch holding Camden the whole time. She told Maya to do her ornaments because she loves Camden more than ornaments she didn't care if Maya did them for her.
IMG_2141 
This little guy has no idea how much he is loved. We have shared this experience with our family and so many of our dear friends that they have also been anticipating his arrival just as much as we have. It is so good to be home and finally share this precious gift with everyone. Camden's presence in our home has added so much joy already. We have a deeper appreciation for this holiday season and this journey truly puts everything in perspective. God has a plan for each of us, and there is no doubt in my mind that this was his plan for us. All of the things that happened on this journey were not luck or coincidence, it was God's hand bringing us together. I will share more details  about all that when I'm not so tired... okay...who am I kidding,  it will never happen if I wait until I'm not tired, so I will do when I do it...

IMG_2148
IMG_2150
IMG_2143

19 comments:

Randi Kay said...

Jess, I am speechless. I am so thrilled for you guys. Thank you for sharing your life with me.

calibosmom said...

Oh my goodness...the pictures of Eden and Camden are so beautiful. He is so handsome. Aren't friends the best? Looks like you have a great family and some amazing ladies in your life. Can't wait to hear more...

The Hansen Clan said...

It is so good to see him in your home. The pictures of the girls with him are priceless. Thank you for being OK with us stalking you outside your home and then finally deciding to just come and hug you despite the crazy hour. We love you guys and are so happy for you.

Erin said...

Just what I've been waiting for!!! :) These are all soooo adorable--almost beyond description. :) I have tears in my eyes yet again!

Jenny Erazo said...

Those are the cutest pictures that I have ever seen1 You can see how much Camdens sisters love him! I am glad that you are home and your famliy is together. It sounds like are surrounded by wonderful people to help you. Congrats again Jess!

Jean McKendrick said...

You have some wonderful friends, it's neat to hear about that kind of compassion. It's sweet to see your girls with their new little brother. Camden will no doubt have three mothers growing up. :) It's nice you have little helpers too.
The Halloween shirt added a nice touch to all the pics. :)

Mrs Ana said...

Thank you friends for taking care of our family. Precious pictures of Camden and his sisters he looks right at home where he belongs. He's not going to know what to think of his crazy Tia!! Oh well I guess he'll get use to it

Lauren in GA said...

Your friends are truly amazing! I love that they did all of those wonderful things for you! You deserve it...I know you do for others all of the time!

Those pictures are so wonderful! The one of Eden with Camden over her shoulder is so amazing. She looks like a pro there!

Congratulations, again!!!

Lindsey said...

Yay. That is all I can think of. I am just soooooooooo happy for you. Hope the clothes work out. :)

mahina said...

i love how much the girls are just loving him! he is one blessed little boy to be in your family! i am just so excited for you! your goirls are adorable with him. you can tell that they have been waiting for this moment for a very long time!

welcome home!

Melissa-Mc said...

I love the pictures of your girls with him. I went back and re-read your post from Oct 27th. Even though it was hard, you kept the faith through trials...and look at that miracle!!!

Ilene said...

Welcome home!

I need some big sister's around our house. The boys love Laura but they have no mothering instincts like your girls.

Will you be around on Dec. 29th? We will roll into town the 28th and I have told Dan that the 29th is my day to see friends and their extremely adorable babies!

Bridget said...

Your girls look so sweet holding their new baby brother. Congrats to you! And what great friends you have.

Anonymous said...

tears and goosebumps...again.:)!

Elena said...

The pictures are beautiful! Oh my precious babies. I will have to wait 'til Edie & Maya are in school to hold Camden. Jess, even with all the challenges, the end result is priceless and certainly you've been blessed. Now your incredible daughters & husband will share this bundle of joy daily. We were so tickled to have Edie call 2 days in a row to proudly tell us she got to feeded him & burped him Then she asked us if we wanted to speak with Camden. Camden "spoke" with us so sweetly thru big sister Edie. It was so precious. Definitely you have the best friends of anyone I know. Bless you dear ladies.

Shirley said...

OK. I don't know you personally but through Jessica Romney's blog. I just wanted to say congratulations and I am genuinely so happy for you and your family! It is truly what this time of year is all about....faith, love, family. THANK YOU for sharing!

Jen and Ryan Murphy said...

JESSICA! HOLY COW! I'm SOOOOOO excited for you! He's adorable and I can't believe how fast it all came about on Thanksgiving:) Truly blessed we are for these precious babies. I can't wait for our munchkins to see each other again and play like last christmas. Hope all is well and I'll be thinking of you in the wee small hours of the night/morning:)

Love you Jes!

AMY said...

Yaaa! He's home. Happy sleeping.

Penny said...

We are so happy for you Jessica!! He sure seems like he fits right in. And the girls look like pros with him. What a blessing!! And just so you know I REALLY enjoyed your testimony on Sunday, and Katie's too... I, of course was bawling. It was so neat.