* I painted the entire first floor of my house.
* We planted eleven bushes and one tree in our backyard.
* I am almost finished with my sisters mega home makeover.
* Eden had two birthday parties.
* Grandma Kathy found a doctor that is doing a clinical trial that she qualifies for and he happens to be in Idaho...Yay!
* Our six day Seattle extravaganza...oh the memories that were made.
Here's some of the bad:
* We had to cancel our August 15th sealing. We thought the adoption would be finalized this week...but nope. Long story. Dumb attorney.
* My running injury won't go away.
* We still can't find a pool...we've tried out two that didn't work.
* I still have to paint the second level of my house.
* Evan is in the finals instead of Ade...only "So You Think You Can Dance" fans will understand that pain.
And the ugly:
* Aric passed what we hope is his last kidney stone on Eden's birthday. Nothing like spending the wee hours of the morning in the ER. Thankfully my parents were here so we didn't have to worry about the kids.
* I've been trying to help a baby that was just born, get to it's adoptive parents. The birth dad won't sign consent, the birth mom has had a couple picked out for eight months. They came up to be with her while she gave birth. Then the birth dad decided not to sign. It's a mess. These kids are teenagers. I'm talking high school.
The only reason I am even including this in my post is in the hopes that if you ever find that you are in a position of influence in a situation like this, please counsel them wisely. Adoption is the ONLY option! This baby has a loving home waiting for him. With parents who can support him emotionally, physically, and financially. It is so heartbreaking.
I will be back soon with some exciting posts and pictures. In the meantime here is a funny video.