Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It’s that time of year again…

FaMilY PicTurEs!!!
Here are some outtakes for your viewing pleasure…

Oct 08 2010_4877-1  

Eden always photo bombing….

IMG_1098

This kid…the amount of smarties he ingested would make my sister cringe…

IMG_1070

IMG_1090 

IMG_1088 

IMG_1105

Love this one but the sun came just at the WRONG time.

Oct 08 2010_4834_edited-1 

Yeah…fun times…

IMG_1063

IMG_1049

IMG_1061 

The torture I put myself through every year to get these pictures done is ridiculous. This year I had my friend Cami come out and take some shots with my camera and hers. The weather was changing by the minute and my camera was on the wrong setting so they didn’t turn out so good. So frustrating! We got some decent shots but none of them were “the one”. The last shot is the one I wanted but it is a tad blurry and C looks like he is about to flip someone the bird.

Oct 08 2010_4884

The decent ones…

IMG_1025

IMG_1026

IMG_1123

I’m trying to decide if it is worth it to get my peeps all gussied up for another mini shoot and I mean mini. I know exactly what shots I want and where. Most people would say no…but the perfectionist in me is not letting this rest.
…to be continued…

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know that you always see what is wrong with your own pictures but these are cute. how can you go wrong when you have one gorgeous mama, a happy dad/husband and 3 stunning children?

love the color palette by the way. i need new family pics but i'm a house and the thought of coordinating everyone's clothes makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and start rocking back and forth. good job jess! you're darling as ever.

p.s. were you at a cemetary?

Tina said...

You have such a beautiful family!!!

Rochelleht said...

Ok, I know I am a hypocrite for saying this, cause I am a FREAK about getting good pics of my family. But, have you SEEN my kids?! Of course, our pics are not perfect. So, that said...

THESE ARE AMAZING!!!! You are CA-RAZY for even thinking of trying again. Seriously. They rock!!!!

Seriously, let it go. I know exactly how you feel, cause I do it all the time, but I'm telling you. LET IT GO! These are awesome!!

Jenny Erazo said...

I love them! I would probably even use some your "outtakes"! We need to go get our annual pictures done again but I am not sure I'm ready for that. Last year the kids ended up throwing rotten apples at each other:(

Jessica said...

Those are great! Your outfits are all darling. DO NOT try to do that again.

calibosmom said...

So cute! I love them all. Just take all the shots and make a collage. I really the love the color choices in clothing too. Sounds like you may have a mutiny if you try it again but I can feel the perfectionist in you-you might need more than Smarties next time.

Jean McKendrick said...

Beautiful family Jessica! I hardly ever suggest we get all dressed up and take a picture, soooo muck work. I applaud you!

Lindsey said...

You always look like a tres chic lady. I love it. I think they are great. No re-takes necessary!

the wrath of khandrea said...

send me a few and i'll tweak them in PS. i can swap heads, bodies, whatever. i love the outfits and the color scheme!! pick the perfect elements from several, and let me merge them into one.

Elena said...

I'm prejudiced of course,but they look pretty good to me. Camo looks like a little boy! Where did your baby go?

Lauren in GA said...

I honestly think that the pictures are great! I love what everyone is wearing. I love your headband and shoes, especially. These pictures are great but if you decide to do another photo shoot you should have everyone wear the same exact outfits.

Lauren in GA said...

I just read Andrea's comment...you should totally have her work her magic if you aren't happy with what you have. She does amazing things. I am always impressed.

kthom said...

Your color scheme totally worked...love-it! You are one photogenic gal. I'm diggin 'em!