Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thirty-Five



I turned 35 on November 3rd. For the most part I am totally okay with that number. I'm not sure how I feel about my next birthday when I will be closer to 40 than I am to 30 but for now thirty five feels just fine.

So the Sunday before my birthday, which was Halloween, my sister had us over for dinner and a little surprise party. I was totally surprised. My birthday is so close to Halloween that I get distracted with that holiday so I don't realize that b-day is right around the corner. I was showered with lots of love and awesome homemade cards.

On my birthday Aric got Camden-care arranged and took me out to lunch. We ate at the Mustard Seed, can I just pause for a moment of silence dedicated to the AH-MAZING plate of green beans that I devoured...

*pause*

...Okay now I can continue...the food was so good, but the best part was having a real meal, in the middle of the day without kids! 

Aric had a meeting so he left me at the mall, ALL. BY. MYSELF. It was so strange. I never go to the mall, especially by myself. It felt so strange to be alone. I didn't quite know what to do with myself. 

That night Aric made some food for the kids and we ate cereal because we were so full from lunch. After dinner we had the obligatory cake/candle. My husband knows me so well, he knew that I couldn't be happier with a hostess cupcake. 


For my birthday he tried to surprise me with a new phone but that required my input, so after a whole lot of talk I ended up getting an ipod touch and then I will get a cheap phone through Aric's company's plan. So here I am being so "surprised" by my gift. Poor guy he is all about the surprise and I always screw it up.


Had I known a mac was in my near future I would've passed on the ipod but too late. Now I have two fancy new gadgets.

I had a great birthday. I love how facebook makes you feel so loved. I also got some from very special birthday wishes via phone calls. I even was serenaded in Portuguese by one very talented answering machine message leaver...Michael C. Sampson. If only I could put those on the blog...

On Saturday some of my fabulous friends took me out to lunch. I even splurged on a whole boat of alfredo just for me...(thanks Jess!) 



After lunch I got to go antique shopping with Cami. It was so much fun! I couldn't have asked for a better birthday week. Even though I prefer to be on the other side of honoring and celebrating the people I love, having the attention on me that week made me feel so blessed. I am so grateful to have people in my life who love me and who are glad that I was born!

12 comments:

Len said...

Great photos! Really showed you had a blast! You are a scorpio [scorpio horoscope ] and you are so blessed to have such a wonderful family and friends with you who made your birthday, and your life as whole extra more special!

♥Shally said...

I'm glad you had a good day!

Love the surprised look... I always screw up Zach's surprses too, so we laugh about it all the time!

Unknown said...

Hottest 35 year old I know... Yeeehaaaww!!!

Anonymous said...

i love you and am glad that you were born even if i didn't know that it was your birthday:)... glad your day was wonderful, you deserve it. and does it get any better than a hostess cupcake??? i think not.

calibosmom said...

Glad you had a great bday!!! I sent you an email but not sure if you got it since your computer switcheroo. I love the look on Cams face while you're eating the cupcake. The mall alone? SWEET!

Lauren in GA said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Jessica!! I am glad you had some nice celebrations and 2 fun new gadgets!!

You do not look 35. You look so young! I mean that!

I totally laughed at your moment of silence for your green beans. Those babies must have been good!

just the five of us said...

Hope you had a fantastic birthday. It looks like you did!! 40 really isn't that bad!! I thought it would be horrible! Infact I like the 40s.

A hostess cupcake....MMMM! less calories than a huge cake, and tastes better. (:

Jenny Erazo said...

I am so glad that you had a great birthday! Are you coming out here for Thanksgiving????

Jean McKendrick said...

Glad you had a fabulous birthday! I turned 37 this year and Matt had to remind me of my age (I swore I was only turned 36). Holy cow, how did we get from teenagers to here! You look great, you are awesome! Happy Birthday!

Jean McKendrick said...

Glad you had a fabulous birthday! I turned 37 this year and Matt had to remind me of my age (I swore I was only turned 36). Holy cow, how did we get from teenagers to here! You look great, you are awesome! Happy Birthday!

Mrs Ana said...

You're a lucky girl! I'm glad you had a wonderful time.

Erin said...

Happy late birthday!!!! So glad you got some "me" time and that you ate some yummy alfredo. :)