Monday, September 12, 2011

Growing Pains...Middle School and Third Grade

There has been far too much going on these days...I am so far behind on posting stuff. I have Family Fun Time 2011, Top of Utah Half Marathon and other randomness that needs to be documented. But while it is fresh in my mind I have to blog about the First Day of School...


Here is Maya on her first day of middle school.



Converse and Aeropostale is all the rage these days at her middle school. She was prepared with her wardrobe...notice it's still t-shirt and jeans. I wonder if she will ever break away from her uniform...



This has been quite the emotional week for us...by us I mean me and Maya. We had the same amount of anxiety and stress over it. I tried my hardest to not let her see my freaked out side. I did really, really well until the night before. I was watching her relieve her nervous energy by organizing all of her drawers and cleaning the bathroom at 8:30 at night! We had to make her stop. Aric gave the girl's blessings and after Maya's was done she crawled practically on my lap and started to cry. She blurted out through her tears..."WHY CAN'T I JUST STAY WITH YOU! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST COME WITH ME!" I completely lost it at that point and we wept together.

I did a carpool with one of Maya's besties so that she had someone to walk into school with everyday. Today was day four and she was still pretty nervous heading out the door but when she comes home she has a smile on her face and that's all that matters.


Here is Eden on her first and second day of Third Grade...


She was so ridiculous about her hair. She wanted it to be crimped so badly. She picked out her outfit from head to toe. She thought she looked like a rock star, so how could I dare give her any imput.

She has some good friends that made it real easy for her to say goodbye to me. 



Second day outfit...because she wanted me to document it.


She handled it like a pro. She had no nerves whatsoever. The only emotional moment she had was when she verbalized how much she was going to miss seeing Maya everyday at school.

Camden is so sad. He asks about the girls all day, everyday. He is one sad little brother...


This is actually a picture of him looking at the garbage truck because he love them, but it's pretty much represents his longing for them now that they are gone all day.

4 comments:

Shirley said...

SO EXCITING and SCARY how these kids that we raise are now to be let go into this awesome and terrifying world we live in. I shed those same tears for my new middle schooler. I LOVE once again feeling connected to you! You are an AMAZING mother Jessica! Love to you!

calibosmom said...

Oh Jessica, this is all so cute. I love that you and Maya had a good cry, Eden cracks me up-such a diva and Camden, oh Camden-love that boy.

Melissa-Mc said...

It's always hard for the youngest kids to be left home. Here's to a new school year!

Lauren in GA said...

Awwwwww. I would have wept with Maya, too. Bless her heart. Such a good idea to carpool with her friend. You are a great mom, Jessica...I love how you feel things so deeply and do all you can to help your kids.

I wonder if they make Eden's second day of school outfit in a plus size for me? She has some great style!

Awwww, poor little lonely Camden. I wish we lived close by. John would love a playmate since his are gone all day, too.