Monday, January 7, 2013

Backing it up...

So clearly I have been absent in the blog world. My facebook has been hit and miss as well as my presence on instagram. I could blame it on the holidays, Aric being gone for almost a month and still adjusting to our new life here in Utah but truth be told I just needed to take a step back. There have been a lot of emotions to process and it was hard for me to do it while blogging. Looking at Boston pictures was, and is, still hard. Documenting life here didn't feel right either. I'm still accepting that this is my new home and my emotions have been all over the place so I didn't even know what to say about it...but lucky for you...Now I Do.

But before I get to my new life here, I want to finish documenting my life in Boston. I am so grateful for every minute I was there and I want to honor it. I have always loved Boston it has healed me twice. It's crazy how a place can become so sacred because of what you experienced there. So even though my heart is still heavy over it, I want to go back there so I will never forget it.

My last Boston post was the girls going back to school. Well here is a peek into my life with C while they were gone all day...

We did a little bit of pre-school stuff everyday. If only the days were as peaceful as this picture looks...



Running to the grocery store was a regular part of our week. Produce didn't last long in Boston due to the high humidity so we were constantly going to the store. Camden loved this strawberry that was "almost as big as his head".



The days were long inside the apartment so C came up with creative ways to pass the time. He was obsessed with rollerblading and skateboarding while we were there so he made these rollerblades out of knee pads.



Most days he was literally bouncing of the walls and this picture perfectly represents what it was like when we got stuck inside all day...he was just a blur of loud movement in a very small space.



We found this Cookie Monster play dough kit on clearance for five bucks and it was the best five bucks I spent! That little guy made for hours of fun...



C and I went on a few day trips but it was hard because we had to be home right at 2pm to pick up Eden. Riding the train was always an adventure. He liked to tell me in great detail where we were going and how we were going to get there.




One day we went downtown to the public gardens just the two of us. He loved playing on the monkey bars.



Camden figured out how to work the camera and we have a ton of random pictures thanks to him. It was another way he passed the time...





We were only able to fit one small container of toys for him in the car. He got bored with those toys rather quickly after of few months of the same things day after day. Thanks to Tia Ana who sent these dinosaurs and semi trucks that used to be Sammy's, C had some new stuff to play with.



Camden hated going shopping with me but every now and then we found something that made him glad he was dragged along. This hat was only $5! I had to buy it. He looked like the love child of a Wild Thing (from Where the Wild Things Are) and Tina Turner.


I couldn't decide which picture was more awesome so you get both...



He loved this hat so much he wore it all the time. He insisted on wearing it on a lunch date with me and Aric at Panera.



We went to the library a few times a week. I miss that library. It was a home away from home for us.



This kid kept me on my toes, he made me laugh and smile about as often as he made me want to scream and pull my hair out...


This is what happens when Aric remembers I packed the clippers and we all need a good laugh. Before: George Jefferson....After: Lil Bill



 Oh how I love this boy. His spirit is ten times bigger than his body and his verbal skills are still off the charts. His 4 year old sense of humor is so hilarious because it is so advanced for his age. His lack of fear scares me to death and has given me an absurd amout of gray hairs but I am so grateful for my little "all day" buddy. 


4 comments:

Ashley C said...

I'm glad you're back. I've been wondering how you're adjusting to your new life. I need to start posting again too. It's hard to blog when you're feeling emotional. I have a hard time deciding how personal to get.

Jessica said...

I severely miss that kid. (maybe one of these days my comments won't be whining about missing or that you're in the wrong place...too sad.)

Melissa-Mc said...

That haircut picture is hilarious! He looks like the cutest old man ever.

Lauren in GA said...

The rollerblades out of kneepads is so AWESOME! He is very, very clever!

Bwah, hah, hah, hah!!!! "The love child of a Wild Thing and Tina Turner." I snort laughed at that one...

and then...when I saw the George Jefferson Haircut I just about fell out of my chair I laughed so hard.

I have missed you...but I totally understand why you needed to process.