Friday, February 22, 2013

Church Folk

When we made the decision to go to Boston I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I knew that I would have a support system A) because I had family there and B) because I knew I would have a church family. That is one of the things I love about being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I could move ANYWHERE in the world and show up at an LDS church building and I would have an instant family.

These are some of the members of my Boston church family...

Elder Udy...we met him our first Sunday. He was teaching my friend Jerrica about our church. It was her first Sunday too. We had him and his companion over to eat many times. He went home the week after we left. The crazy thing is that this guy grew up in the same town in Utah that we moved to!



Jerrica and Julian, we met then on our first Sunday in Boston. They became instant family. Jerrica is an amazing person that has gone through so much in her life and continues to thrive in the midst of trial. We got to be a part of her journey as she embraced the gospel of Jesus Christ and it was such a neat experience that our whole family will cherish.




Camden and Julian were two peas in a pod. They loved like brothers and fought like brothers...but mostly loved :)




Mary Ann and Sue Olsen...Camden's Sunbeam teachers. Oh. My. Gosh! I cannot say enough about these two sweet sisters who loved and adored my son from the first time they met him. A few nights before we moved they drove 30 miles one way during Hurricane Sandy to give him his good bye package because they were going on a trip and didn't want to miss saying goodbye to him.


Me and one of my faithful visiting teachers. Sadly, I didn't get a picture of my other one, but these ladies saw me every single month I was in Boston. They checked up on me, brought me cookies and gave me a little lesson, LOVE them. 


Eden and her sweet Activity Day leader Erin Johnson. I was so worried about my girls making friends and feeling comfortable and I was so grateful that the Lord sent Erin to my Eden. She made Eden feel like a million bucks. We found out that only weeks after we moved, Erin and her husband moved to Utah...just like 30 minutes away! 


Camden and Vaughan Larsen...Vaughan was the most amazing Primary chorister I have ever seen in my life! Camden fell for him the first Sunday we were at church and poor Vaughan was attacked every Sunday. I had to remind C that Brother Larsen was not a jungle gym but a person!


Eden and Emmy...these two hit if off right away and Eden loved having an instant buddy.


Maya and Nikki Dallin, her YW leader. Nikki is a Jr. High art teacher. She offered to give Maya free art lessons every week. She was so wonderful for Maya. Nikki was an answer to my prayers, she had a profound impact on Maya and I will always be grateful for the love she gave to my girl.


One of the things Nikki taught Maya how to make were sock monsters. So when Nikki had her baby shower Maya wanted to make some sock monsters for Nikki's baby girl. They turned out so adorable!


I made these headbands. It was fun to get creative and do something crafty...made me wish I had known how to make these when my girls were babies. I would have made hundreds of them!



Kailah and Kruz, these are my friend Kristen's little ones that my kids ADORED! The girls loved babysitting them and Camden still insists he is marrying Kailah someday.



And last but not least...
Jerrica Pompulous, Kristen Raleigh, Me and Cherise Hadley


These girls were my sunshine. They each brought something so special to my life. They were my everyday texts, my Sunday hugs and even my emergency contacts. I love them and miss them so much! 

There were many others that I just didn't get pictures of but they are equally as special to us. Each one is a blessing in our lives. They have become a part of our family history. These relationships will be a part of us forever. I cannot imagine my life without them in it. Heavenly Father led us to Boston for many reasons and one of those reasons are so that we could be blessed to have these wonderful people in our lives forever.

1 comment:

Lauren in GA said...

Seriously, Jessica...as I read this I totally felt the Spirit. You left such a wonderful place in Washington state and it is so wonderful how the Lord put wonderful people in your life in Boston. So wild that Elder Udy grew up where you live now! It is also so neat that Erin and her husband now live only 30 miles away in Utah!!

Those sock monsters are DARLING! Maya did such a great job!