Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Eden's Big News

What do you see in this picture?


My two kids riding their bikes....look closely at Eden, she is on two wheels!!!!!

Guess who taught her....not me, not Aric and not Maya....my six year old niece Mari taught her! I was so not looking forward to those lessons. Maya didn't learn until she was 6 1/2, it was so painful to teach her. And now Little Miss Four Year Old is taking it to the streets.


Maya cheering her on...



Here she is getting some pointers from dad...


Still a little wobbily...


Getting some serious speed...



And check out those I-just-learned-to-ride-my-two-wheeler bruises. OUCH! When Aric asked her if she got those bruises from me beating her she said, "No! I just fell of my bike like a million times!"

But do you think this face cares about the bruises...



...I don't think so.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Priceless pictures! She is so cute. Piper had cheeks like hers when she was really little. They're THE best little kissing cheeks in the world!

mahina said...

that is awesome! way to go! my 7 year old doesn't know how to ride her 2 wheeler yet! why? you might ask. we live on a ginormously steep hill! so, the poor girl hasn't learned yet!

Jessica said...

Edee's the toughest kid around...except when it comes to being dirty at bedtime.

When we do temple babysitting can she teach Jane? Jane's a big wimp.

Erin said...

So cute!! I love all of the action shots. What a brave and touch girl!

Melissa-Mc said...

Good job Eden! A major milestone accomplished.

Ilene said...

Does your niece hire out?

We got Jackson a bike for his birthday on Saturday but it has training wheels.

Mrs Ana said...

Way to go Edee,You're awesome!Your toes look cute!!

Becky said...

Hooray Edee! I have a 8 1/2 year old who still had training wheels... she doesn't seem too interested in learning so Logan has taken over her bike but too scared to take off the wheels. I guess they are scaredy cats. Any tips from your niece?

The Hansen Clan said...

I am pretty sure that we will be teaching Katelyn and Brooke to ride a two-wheeler at the same time. Maybe Tessa can hook them up in a few years :)

Lauren in GA said...

Those pictures of her on the bike are so fantastic!!! Great action shots!

I love how you said she has been, "taking it to the streets."

She is amazing...bruises and pain didn't stop her! Yay, Eden!