Monday, July 4, 2011

Best Date Ever!

Have you ever heard of Groupon? Well if not you really need to get signed up...last month there was a Groupon for Adventure Dyanmics. It was $25 for a 3-hour adventure (normally $50). I had heard about it from one of my running buddies she had texted about maybe getting it for her husband for Father's Day. I thought that I should talk to Aric about it before I bought it because he is afraid of heights...REALLY afraid of heights. He said he would do it so we bought two of groupons.

After Father's Day I realized that six of my friends had bought the Groupon too! After an entire day of trying to schedule it (there was only certain dates and times Adventure Dynamics takes Groupon groups) I had given up that we would be able to go together. There was only one night that we could all go so I called the head guy and he opened up a session for us! Yee Haw!!!

So last night we headed into the wilderness, it was a good hour away. We didn't realize that is was going to be such a trek so we were a little late...

In the end we only had about 2 hour 15 minutes but we crammed that time in with some CRAZY stuff.

Here are some of the highlights...

The Harnesses...Mark and George looking a little confused. I may or may not have put Aric's on backwards...whoops!



 The Course...SOOOO high!



Mark and Cami listening very carefully to the instructions.



The Romney's are the only ones who tackled this ladder course.




 Me and Aric on the tire/beam course...







You had to really trust your friends who were keeping you safe...scary huh.




Kevin and Melissa "committing to doing the course together"







Meg and Adam on the ropes...




Me and Aric on the ropes...my helmet fell in front of my eyes and I couldn't stop laughing...




Aric being ridiculous...so what else is new.



Jess and Ryan doing the other course... 




Mark and Cami on the ropes. Notice that when you start the ropes, you are close together...


Now look how far apart they are! I love that you can see 
Adam and Meg behind them on a different course.



Meg and Adam at the top.



Randi and George bonding on their course...




Last event of the night...the zip line.





My favorite picture of Randi...she was also afraid of heights.



 I wish we would've had more time, Aric and I totally want to go again. There was so much stuff we didn't get to do. So if you are up for going on the funnest date ever, let me know me and Will (the head guy) we are tight. I can hook you up.



I just realized it is officially the Fourth of July...

HaPPy FouRtH!!!
Yay for Freedom!
Yay for soldiers that fight for freedom!

I Am Grateful.

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

Looks like a blast! Glad you had so much fun! Hey, can you put together a list of your babysitters for my MIL? She is going to have my kids for a WEEK while we are in training in Vancouver. . . . I am sure she could use a break now and again. Anyway, if you could e-mail it to me, that would be great! THANK YOU!

Cami said...

Makes me want to do it all over again...great picutres thanks for taking them, for sure best date ever!

Nurse Graham said...

What a great group date! That looks like so much fun.

How about a run on Thursday?

Jean McKendrick said...

That looks like so much fun!!

Jess said...

Awesome! So glad yall had such a good time!!!!!

Kendria said...

That looks absolutely rad!!! I am missing the beautiful trees!

Anonymous said...

okay, all caught up:). that date looks so fun! i would love to do something like that with ryan. and the dance costumes... good job mama. so adorable. hope all is well! love to you!

Anonymous said...

okay, all caught up:). that date looks so fun! i would love to do something like that with ryan. and the dance costumes... good job mama. so adorable. hope all is well! love to you!

Lauren in GA said...

Whoa, Jessica!! I just kept staring at all of the pictures in amazement! That is so, so, so, so HIGH!!

I have little to no upper body strength...but...I would still want to try it. Of course, I'd be afraid that I couldn't get back down...that may put a damper on the date...

You are so cute. I love that picture of you laughing with your helmet all crooked and on your over your eye.

Elena said...

the pictures definitely show the fun you had. I am afraid of heights the likes those, but it is tempting. Aric appears to be enjoying all the madness. I think Joe would enjoy something like this. Great groupon find for sure. : )