Thursday, February 14, 2008

All You Need Is Love

I love holidays, I love a reason to celebrate. Maybe it's because it gives me an excuse to decorate my house all cute and fun. Maybe it's because it gives me a reason to buy things I normally wouldn't buy for my family like candies, silly socks, t-shirts etc... But the real reason is because it gives me a chance to create fun traditions and wonderful memories with Aric and the girls. It brings me so much joy to see my kids feeling special and teaching them that there is always something to celebrate.

So about a month before Valentine's day we hang up these heart pouches and over the next few weeks we fill them with little love notes or drawings. The night before valentine's day the girls get their valentine's t-shirts and after they go to sleep I put fun little gifts in their hearts.


Valentine's morning they grab their hearts and empty them on our bed. They read their special valentine's cards. The ones from mom are usually sweet and sentimental...

The ones from dad are usually kind of silly...(hey mom, you can double click on the pictures and it makes them bigger)


Valentine's breakfast is pretty fancy...any kind of cereal can be festive when it's in a festive bowl. And who can resist heart shaped muffins.(remember this is fancy for me). Lunch is special when your sandwich is shaped like a heart. Eden was so excited about her heart sandwich that she forgot to complain that it was "meat and cheese" sandwich day.


Party #1 was in full effect by 10:30. It was my turn to teach this week, so I got to host the partay. We played games with candy hearts, frosted cupcakes and ate them of course. There really was some learning going on, we focused on the letter V.


We had about 40 min of down time before party #2. I am the room mom in Maya's class so I get to oversee all the parties in there. It went by fast and the kids had a great time.

I told Aric the night before that I was out on dinner. I knew I would be partied out by dinner time. I had planned homemade heart shaped pizzas...and he made it happen!

5 comments:

day in the life of a prince said...

What cute traditions! Aren't we glad the school parties at school are over with!!

AMY said...

Really busy and lots of running around - and seeing your kids pure enjoyment is lots of fun that seems to go by too fast. No matter what, it's definately worth it.

Ilene said...

Cute! I will need to get in gear one of these days so my kids have fun memories of their mom. Can I just hire you and Jessica out to cover my holiday observances?

Meghann said...

Okay, I totally second Ilene's comment. I want to hire you and Jessica (can I just start calling you guys the twins?) at holiday time. You two make me tired from all your fun, cute, neat, festive, creative things that you do. I really am going to be better!!!

Penny said...

Ok, Aric's cards are great. You definately need to keep those forever! I am totally impressed Jessica. But I do have one little piece of advice. You might want to do some research on Jessica's blog because there are some definate do's and don'ts to when is acceptable to wear the holiday t-shirts. I'm just saying...