Sunday, April 13, 2008

Quick Thoughts...

First thought...

... Something that really annoys me is hearing/reading untruths or misconceptions about my religion. Mainly because instead of looking at the core of our religion, the gospel of Jesus Christ, they look at the outrageous and totally misunderstood writings of our doctrines... Which are usually written by a non member or excommunicated member, and then use that information to base their opinions of what I believe. I so appreciate when people ask me questions, in fact I love it when someone asks me about my beliefs, as long as they aren't just trying to pick a fight. So when I read this, the gab blog, I had to link it.

Second thought...

...I love photography, I love good music, and I love Jesus Christ. My friend e-mailed me this link, Reflections of Christ. These pictures that look like paintings, are on display at the Mesa Arizona visitors center. Some very smart, inspired person put them to music for us to enjoy. I hope when you watch the video you feel the spirit testify to you that Jesus is the Christ and that He did live and if there would have been cameras back then maybe we would have seen some pictures like this...

5 comments:

Erin said...

So beautiful...thanks for sharing. This made my morning!

Lindsey said...

I saw that. I was very nice. Thanks for making it more public though. . Hope you are doing well. Please give adoption updates! (if there are any)

Penny said...

That was so very beautiful. Nathan just watched it with me. Thanks for linking it so many people can see it...

mahina said...

i just receiveed a link to this same video from my mom today and just finished watching it not more than 20 minutes ago! it really is beautiful!

Lauren in GA said...

I agree about people having misconceptions. I have never understood why people don't ask a member of the church questions. If I had questions about what Baptists believe...I wouldn't go ask a member of the Catholic faith. I would love to share my feelings about the church...I want people to ask me, not their pastor.