Sunday, April 27, 2008

Highlights from last week...

Said goodbye to Elder Gottwald, he got transferred...boohoo. We love the missionaries and I could do a whole post on that...I always feed them chicken enchiladas with stinky cheese, and chocolate chip cookies for dessert. I'm really not that great of a cook. In fact I hate to cook. So it is truly out of love of the missionaries that I feed them. Elder Gottwald was quite the picky eater and he told me that his moms chicken enchiladas were his favorite....well he said that mine were better than moms! Yeah you know it!....He probably says that to all the sisters that make him enchiladas....anyway he tried one bite with stinky cheese (after a lot of prodding) and decided that would be his last bite of stinky cheese...ever.

(Elder Gottwald holding the stinky cheese)

Went to Young Women's on Tuesday night. We took pictures for part of our activity so I thought I would post what my girlie's look like...we were missing a couple of them...they are so awesome, I love them.

Edee had "crazy week" at pre-school, this is what my crazy kid looked like.....


Said goodbye to Ilene, over strawberry shortcake, mint brownies and good conversation...

Watched Lost...yay it's back on! We are so exited! Can you believe they killed Ben's daughter?!.....And Ben can control the smoke monster?....WHAT!!!!! Things are getting juicy!....

Aric had a camp out with the scouts and froze his tail off. While Aric was making tin foil dinners and getting smoked out... Maya, Edee and I had ladies night. We went to the mall of course! They finally earned enough money to get some more clothes/shoes for their build a bears.(No pictures of this...but Eden got a fancy white/silver tank top and some silver "heel highs" for her dog, Sara, and Maya got a very conservative outfit and some slippers for Bananas the monkey)

Maya had a game, no goals but had a couple assists and played some awesome defense.
Eden performed at "Dance Fest", it's a dance festival held at the local college...it's an all day event that has dances performed at all different levels and styles. We were a little spooked by the ballet group that wore scary white masks and danced to Enter Sandman by Metallica...yes Metallica. Not your typical ballet performance. Eden's group danced to a rockin out version of the "Itsy Bitsy Spider". Nothing scary about that...it was actually very cute. Aric wanted to leave as soon as Eden was done, but the girls really wanted to stay and watch some more performances, so he caved and we stayed for way longer than he ever wanted to. Here he is with the girls watching a very exciting performance....
It was a good week, only bad news was that our home visit that was scheduled for Monday, got postponed for a week and a half...grrrr. I'm definitely supposed to be learning some patience.

12 comments:

calibosmom said...

What a great dad!!! I'm in YW's too maybe we'll take pics this week. Thanks for the cheer!!! So far so good-friends are over to play today.

Lindsey said...

My reader is BROKEN! I didn't even know you had posted! Oh well, I DID love lost... juicy! I loved it! Hope you are doing well! I saw Bachelor Matt on a show and he has shaved his head!?! It was weird.

Erin said...

Aarrrrggghhh. That is seriously awful that your home visit got rescheduled. :( I keep having anxiety that ours is going to get rescheduled too...patience, patience, patience. I'm trying I swear....

AMY said...

You know Aric was secretly excited to stay and watch more dancing. We totally missed you all this weekend. Next time, we're coming to the soccer and dance!! You better let us know when they are. Maya: way to go on the assists. Nobody would ever make a goal if YOU hadn't assisted them.
Eden: I've never seen a prettier dancer. I'm sure you did fabulous.

Lindsay said...

I loved Edie's crazy outfits! ANd I can't believe how much Aric's bro looks like him! I was glad Lost tied up some loose ends...finally finding out why Sayid would ever work for Ben! I loved the difference in the girls' build a bear outfits...so them to a T!!!

mahina said...

stinky cheese? what is that? doesn't sound too appetizing!

Lauren in GA said...

I loved hearing about your week :)

Your girls are so gorgeous! I love the crazy dress-up for pre-school. I think I like Pirate day the best ;)

Thanks for your comment on my blog about me looking like someone in your Yoga class. I can bet my body doesn't look like hers, though...you can pretend mine does, okay? I just have to say again how much I loved your Ilene post.

Anonymous said...

Stinky cheese? Bleu cheese? I love YW as well! These girls are something special...

I loved your post about Ilene. I love friends that you can talk about ANYTHING with. People that can make you feel comfortable like that are a gift.

Sorry about your visit getting rescheduled. It probably feels like an eternity to have to wait another week and a half! When I pray for patience, I say "and Heavenly Father, please help me learn patience...in joyful ways." It totally works:)!

You are probably already really patient and He isn't testing your patience at all, rather lining things up just right for you guys:)!

Lindsey said...

Um, no WAY! I am TOTALLY calling Chelsey..

Melissa-Mc said...

Your girls are SO darling! Hope the home visit goes well for you. I can see you are a great mom.

Meghann said...

So I'm guess I'm officially OUT of Young Womens since now you're cutting me out of pictures. Okay- on a serious note, that picture of the Beehives made me want to cry because I am going to miss those girls terribly!!! And you ofcourse- but I know I'll still see you plenty. Will you make your enchiladas with stinky cheese for me?!? Sounds sooooo yummy and I can't believe I've never tasted them.

Ilene said...

So Meghann is out?! Give me the YW scoop! I miss those beehives so thanks for posting a picture of them.

I want more strawberry shortcake. And mint brownies. Oh, and I want my friends back.