Monday, April 7, 2008

TAG...I'm it!

My friend Kara P, not to be confused with Kara B, or Kara LB tagged me. So here are SIX Things You Probably Don't Know About Me....This is tricky because I'm pretty open about everything and I don't know how to stop talking so my life is an open book. Anyway here it goes...

1. I want to learn how to play the cello. I have always loved the sound and I would have taken it instead of the stupid clarinet when I was in junior high but the clarinet case was way cuter and smaller than the cello case. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Now I have to pay lots of money and find time in my crazy life to take lessons as a grown up.

2. I want to be on a game show so bad...mainly because I'm cocky enough to think I could win. Not the likes of Jeopardy mind you, that is way to intelligent for me. I'm talking, Deal or No Deal, the Price is Right, Wheel of Fortune or Family Feud.


3. I could eat my weight in Hostess cupcakes in a heartbeat if I knew that I wouldn't gain twice my weight by indulging myself. I know it is so wrong but they taste so right! When I have a weak moment and eat one, I eat it very slowly with baby bites savoring every little chocolatey morsel. And never, ever bother with the 100 calorie packs...not even close to the real thing!





4. I hate feet. So to Jessica R. with the foot post...that was difficult for me to read. Luckily I love you so much I can overlook your crazy witch toes. I think my feet are okay as far as feet go and I love baby feet. I think dirty little kid feet that have been in shoes without socks are gross and don't get me started on man feet!EWWW!




5. I hate public restrooms. My germaphobia kicks into high gear at the sound of "Mommy I have to go potty reeaally bad and I can't hold it" My kids know that whenever it is possible to hold it, they need to hold it, because I seriously hate going into one of those germy places. I have to plug my nose and I try not to breathe when I enter one. I hate it when you have to peek to see if one is available. I hate it when someone doesn't flush or the toilet doesn't flush right...so gross! I hate the smell of the cheap soap and I hate it when there is no toilet paper and you have to have your 4 year old get some from another stall...Yikes! We always use seat covers and flush with our feet. I do have to say the Target in Coeur D' Alene and the Macy's in the valley mall are the cleanest public restrooms I've ever been too. Oh and don't even get me started on rest areas, I'd rather go on the side of the road. Too much information...sorry!

6. If I had unlimited money and no morals I would totally be a band groupee for the likes of Dave Matthews, Moroon 5, Guster, Jack Johnson and Oasis...just to name a few. I love live music. Aric and I try to go to at least one concert a year. Now that we have responsibilities like kids and a job we can't go as often as we used to.

Now I'm adding one more just for the fun of it....
7. I have a tatoo...I really do. I got it when I was 21, before everyone started getting them and we were counseled not to. I couldn't find a tatoo place in Provo, UT (go figure) so I had to go up to Salt Lake, where I found a tiny little scary place that did it for me.
So...is the tatoo..
A. a red heart with a black arrow through it on my right hip. B. a black celtic knot on my left shoulder C. two light green dragonflies on my lower back or D. a dolphin on my left ankle.

So there you have it. My six+ one extra things. So now I'm supposed to tag six people and since I'm not as nice as Ilene I am totally tagging...Amy S, Ashley H, Penny R, Lindsey W, Bonnie P and Kara Barnett. Tag...you're it!

11 comments:

Leah said...

B. Definitely B.

Lindsey said...

I am afraid, my dear, that I have already done the "7 things" tag, and they were FAR more revealing than they should have been. (Just do a search on my page, for 7 things, and they will come up.) Oh, and search baby feet on my page, because I am TOTALLY obessesed with them too!

Ilene said...

Celtic knot to represent your Latin roots.

HATE public bathrooms. The joy of having boys is that most of the time they don't have to sit to use the bathroom. It makes my life much easier. I really think one of my mom's most valuable lessons to me was to never sit on a public toilet. Toilet seat covers or crouch. Now that may be too much information.

You ARE kind because you didn't tag me.

Monica Kay said...

haha. i read that last one wrong at first and was seriously shocked to find out that in addition to the celtic knot you had three others that i did not know about. good thing i went back and read it again. whew! i would have almost justified the purple star i want on my foot!! :) just kidding!

calibosmom said...

Guster, Red Sox, My Antonia? Girlfriend, where have you been my whole life? Our only difference is I like feet. Baby feet, kid feet, hubby feet (clean)-I take pictures of my kids feet-they are so cute! Anyway, my guess is Celtic knot because if I had a tatoo that is what I would get. Oh yeah, I played the cello in 4th grade and I WILL be taking it up again in my lifetime-love it!!!

Erin said...

I'm voting for the dragonflies. Oh, and I would totally be a groupie. There was one point (glad my mom doesn't read this) that I think that was seriously my biggest aspiration in life. Only it was for Pearl Jam. SIGH. I love you Eddie.

Melissa-Mc said...

If that magical day ever arrives that you are on a game show, I'll totally watch and root for you.

Kara said...

Thanks for doing your tag. You rock. Hey the answer to 7 is the knot tatoo becasuse I totally wanted a tatoo in the Boston life.
I had know idea you hated feet so badly. I don't mind them one bit and when I paint or put acrylic on peoples toes I just love the way they look.
To answer your question about the paper store in Boston YES I went there and loved it. I even ordered paper from there when I moved home. I think I still have some somewhere in my stash.

Lindsey said...

You are my queen! Wanna go into business? I decorate cakes too! As a matter of fact, I have taken all of the Wilton courses, and I was just re-taking the first course as a refresher... Seriously, we need to get together... SOON!

Lauren in GA said...

I loved hearing more about you!

I am guessing that you have a Celtic Knot...because I am a filthy cheat and read Monica Kay's comment...heh, heh, heh!

Anonymous said...

A woman after my own heart. Hostess Cupcakes, the most artificial, unhealthy delight man could have ever invented. I always get a box for my birthday from my friend and my whole family (including Ryan)know that if they touch them I get really angry. I got a box this year for Spring Break Survival Treats (yes, that should be capitalized).