Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Proud Mamma

Remember how I told you about my super shy kid who had to go to the first ever shy kids class at her school when she was in first grade...this is the same kid who I lost sleep over starting junior high because     I thought she would get eaten alive. Well, I'm so happy to tell you that I have completely and totally underestimated her.

She has completely blossomed as a sixth grader. She has been nailing her classes and she just finished running cross country. She went from running the mile in 9:20 to 7:42! The best part of all is that she got nominated as Student of the Month!!!! Teachers and faculty vote on who gets it. She was one of six sixth graders that got it.


I am so proud of this kid...So. Stinking. Proud.

9 comments:

Nurse Graham said...

Yay, Maya! When I have seen her at the middle school she looks confident and self-assured. I'm glad that she has settled in there.

calibosmom said...

Way to go Maya!!!

jenny said...

Way to go Maya! Good job :)

Lauren in GA said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, Maya!!!!!!!!!! Great job, girlie!!

...and congrats to you, too, Mamma!! So wonderful that she is blossoming like that!

Jessica said...

Wow wow wow! That is VERY cool!

Elena said...

Thanks for posting this. We are very proud of her too. I'm sure it's well deserved. Also, believe that the time you've spent helping her (ie with locker)to be less conscious and more confident has been helpful too. Too late to call her tonight, so we will call her tomorrow night. Love, love, love to all.

Mrs Ana said...

That's my girl! Give her hugs and brown sugar from her Tia!

Melissa-Mc said...

Congrats to Maya and to her Mom.

just the five of us said...

Way to go Maya and her momma too! Maya has a pretty amazing mom, where I am sure she learns everything (: Sad thing, is that as they grow older you will lose more sleep than when you did when they were babies.