Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Rico to the Rescue!


The last three weeks before I left Liberty Lake were brutal. Being a single parent during the whole process was probably the hardest part. My brother happened to call me at a weak moment and realized that me and the kids needed some Rico time so he came out Memorial Weekend.

Sadly he spent most of the time helping me take loads of stuff to the storage unit and do other lame moving tasks but I couldn't have done it without him. The kids also loved being able to spend some quality time with their tio before we moved so far away.





Camden learned how to do the monkey bars while Tio Rico was there.




We decided to play at Riverfront Park before taking Rico to the airport. I'm so glad I got to take the kids there one more time before we left...we made some great memories there over the years.







I know Rico had no idea what he was getting into when he got on that plane to visit me. He thought it was going to be a good time to visit before I moved clear across the country. I needed his help more than I even realized. He was heaven sent. He gave me a good reason to smile when all I wanted to do was cry...Thanks Rico! Te Amo Mucho xoxo



2 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! I had way too much fun catching up on all these posts! So glad I finally got the tour of the apt. I love that you guys stole a vacuum out of the trash. That picture is priceless! Reminiscing about that last week was sad. I miss you!!

Lauren in GA said...

I love how close you are to your family. It is so wonderful, Jessica.

Did you give him that Red Sox shirt? It looks great next to Camden's Lil' Green monster one. They compliment each other. :)